We realize that measurement is not a sexy idea. But, as Bill Gates writes in his Annual Letter on behalf of the foundation, this year, “…I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to improving the human condition.”
And improving the human condition for those living in the poorest parts of the world is what the foundation is all about. But the foundation doesn’t (and can’t) do this work alone. We rely on our thousands of partners who do this work, on the ground, daily. We need everyone’s help, in fact.
It’s why Bill’s Annual Letter is also a call-to-action. It’s a call out to all of us: what are we doing to improve the health and lives of those who live in the poorest regions of the world?
Here are five actions you can take right now help. Choose one or choose them all--and then share this with others to keep the momentum going.
1. Shop. Help fight for an AIDS-free generation.
2. Like. UNICEF helps build a world where the rights of all children are realized. It’s as simple as that.
3. Recycle. When you donate your used mobile phone to IntraHealth, you’re helping health workers save lives.
4. Donate. For only $15, you can protect 25 children from polio and help eradicate this disease worldwide.
5. Amplify. Join ONE and you’ll join over three million people in the global fight to end extreme poverty.