Do you like to tweet?
If so, you’re invited to apply to attend our July 1 Vaccines Work Gates Social Media Meet Up in Seattle, Wash.
Gates Socials are small, in-person events hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for individuals who follow the foundation on social media. At this event attendees will:
- Participate in a special question-and-answer session with science advocate Bill Nye
- Speak with Gates Foundation employees who work to make sure children around the world have access to life-saving vaccines
- See first-hand some of the newest vaccine innovations currently under development
- Discuss and brainstorm ways social media can help spread the good news about vaccine effectiveness
- Meet fellow impatient optimists and members of the Gates Foundation’s social media team.
This all-day event will take place on Tuesday, July 1, at the Gates Foundation’s main campus in Seattle, Wash.
Who can apply?
Gates Socials are open to people who engage with the foundation on social media channels. For this event you must be a Twitter user who follows @gatesfoundation.
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the event, located in Seattle, Wash. No accommodations or transportation will be provided.
How to apply
[Registration now closed.]
A small group of attendees will be selected from those who apply online; we will contact you by email by the end of this week to let you know whether or not your application has been selected.