Do you like to tweet? Are you interested in giving?
If so, you're invited to apply to attend our Dec. 1 Gates Social Media Meetup in Washington D.C. At this event you'll have the opportunity to talk with members of our Philanthropic Partnerships program, learn about other innovative giving initiatives and programs, and attend a special tour at the Smithsonian with National Museum of American History curators. Speakers include:
- A member of Facebook's social impact team
- Victoria Vrana, senior program officer, Philanthropic Partnerships, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Mari Kuraishi, co-founder and president of GlobalGiving
- Art Taylor, president and CEO BBB Wise Giving Alliance
At this event, attendees will:
- discuss the importance of individual giving. Today, people are making more of a difference than ever before.
- learn more about incredible movements like Giving Tuesday, and the organization Giving What We Can, the idea that people should pledge 10% or more of their lifetime income to charity.
- attend a special tour at the Smithsonian.
Gates Socials are small, in-person events hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for individuals who follow the foundation on social media. This event will take place from 9 am-4 pm at the Ronald Reagan Building & Trade Center on Tuesday, December 1st in Washington D.C.
How do I apply?
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the event, located in Washington, D.C. No accommodations or transportation will be provided.
- Gates Socials are open to people who engage with the foundation on social media channels. For this event you must be a Twitter user who follows @gatesfoundation.
- When you apply here, please indicate why you would like to attend the Gates Social.
A small group of attendees will be selected from those who apply online; we will contact you by email to let you know whether your application has been selected.