Do you like to tweet?
If so, you’re invited to apply to attend our Oct. 6 - 7 Gates Social Media Meetup in Seattle, Wash. We'll be talking about Grand Challenges, the program that searches the world for ideas that can help save lives and solve some of our biggest problems. (You may have heard about the program through news of our reinvented condom project.)
Gates Socials are small, in-person events hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for individuals who follow the foundation on social media. At this event attendees will:
- Participate in a special question-and-answer session with New York Times columnist and author Nick Kristof about how to take action on global health issues and his latest book with wife Sheryl WuDunn, A Path Appears.
- Speak with Gates Foundation CEO Susan Desmond-Hellmann
- Attend a presentation with remarks from Bill & Melinda Gates
- Hear from Gates Foundation employees who work to find great ideas that could save lives and change the world
- See first-hand some of the newest global health innovations currently under development
- Discuss and brainstorm ways social media can help spread the good news about vaccine effectiveness
- Meet fellow impatient optimists and members of the Gates Foundation’s social media team
- And more!
This event will take place all day on Monday, Oct. 6, and in the morning of Tuesday, Oct. 7, at the Gates Foundation’s main campus in Seattle, Wash.
Who can apply?
Gates Socials are open to people who engage with the foundation on social media channels. For this event you must be a Twitter user who follows @gatesfoundation.
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the event, located in Seattle, Wash. No accommodations or transportation will be provided.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
A small group of attendees will be selected from those who apply online; we will contact you by email by the end of this week to let you know whether or not your application has been selected.