Do you like to tweet?
If so, you’re invited to apply to attend our Jan. 26 Gates Social Media Meetup in New York City. We'll be talking about Bill & Melinda Gates' 2015 Annual Letter and how digital technology and social media can help change the world.
Gates Socials are small, in-person events hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for individuals who follow the foundation on social media. At this event attendees will:
- Hear from Anil Dash, "an entrepreneur, writer and geek living in New York City, obsessed with the way technology shapes and transforms society, media, government and culture."
- Participate in a Q&A session with Gates Foundation CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann.
- Learn from people working to leverage technologies to help improve the lives of the world's poorest.
- Discuss and brainstorm ways we can use digital media to change the world.
- Meet fellow impatient optimists and members of the Gates Foundation’s social media team.
- And more to be announced shortly!
This event will take place from noon to 6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 26 in New York City.
Who can apply?
Gates Socials are open to people who engage with the foundation on social media channels. For this event you must be a Twitter user who follows @gatesfoundation.
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the event. No accommodations or transportation will be provided.
How to apply
[Applications are now closed.]
A small group of attendees will be selected from those who apply online; we will contact you by email next week to let you know whether or not your application has been selected.