Social media users are invited to apply to attend our May 23-24 Gates Social Media Meetup in Seattle, Wash. We'll be talking about how taking risks and applying new knowledge can help solve some of the world's biggest problems.
Gates Socials are small, in-person events hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for individuals who follow the foundation on social media. At this event attendees will:
- Speak with Gates Foundation CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann
- Hear from scientists and Gates Foundation employees who work to find great ideas that could save lives and change the world
- See first-hand some of the newest innovations currently under development
- Discuss and brainstorm ways social media can help spread news about the world getting better
- Meet fellow impatient optimists and members of the Gates Foundation’s social media team
- And more!
This event will take place on Monday, May 23 and in the morning of Tuesday, May 24, at the Gates Foundation’s main campus in Seattle, Wash.
Who can apply?
Gates Socials are open to people who engage with the foundation on social media channels. For this event you must be a Twitter user who follows @gatesfoundation.
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the event, located in Seattle, Wash. No accommodations or transportation will be provided.
How to apply
Applications now closed.
A small group of attendees will be selected from those who apply online; we will contact you by email by Friday, May 6 to let you know whether or not your application has been selected.